I am so weird.
I can't sympathize people I personally know easily.
But I could cry a river seeing/ reading about poor people in the newspapers, blogs or on the streets.
My friend's mother's cancer is probably coming back.
I can't sympathize her, I don't know why!
I'm such a bad friend.
What if the same things happen to me? Wouldn't it hurt if nobody sympathized me?
It's worse because deep down I think she is exaggerating things and asking for sympathy.
I hate these feelings.
To justify my feelings, I tell myself
- the cancer is only a probability. it has not been confirmed yet. Why stress and be all negative to something not certain yet?
- stop being negative. It's a doa if you have an optimistic thinking!
- they are many other people have it worse than you (eg: the people I read about), but do they complain? Why do you think the world revolves around you?
- those people can't even afford treatments, but you could.
- and it is not like the cancer is totally incurable!
- Mother has the same tumour, although not as advanced as her mother had, but I never want to be sympathized.
I am such a bitch, ain't I?
I should just sympathize her but I can't make myself to, why am I so abnormal!!!
I know different react differently to the same situation, I should keep an open mind and stop judging people.
And it's not like the way I handle mother's condition is any better. I refuse to believe Mother is sick, that's why I don't tell people about it?
Shoot me to death.
1 hour ago