Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I once read an article about human behaviour towards surveys. According to it, in surveys, we tend to be more open in giving out the details in our lives.

When a stranger comes to you to ask questions about your love life, for example, you wouldn't be comfortable to answer him/ her. However, when given a survey, most of us will give our honest answers.

Another example is when a boyfriend approaches his girl to ask her what kind of flowers she likes but she refuses to answer him. Another guy comes along and gives her a survey: What is your favourite flower? She willingly and happily tells that stranger: White roses.

Isn't that interesting? I find there is some truths in the article. And I wonder why.

Because a survey sounds more interesting and more professional than answering a scary stranger?
Because our minds are tricked for thinking a survey is different from a set of random, personal questions?

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night.
My friend. Can't remember what happened.

2. What were you doing at 0800?
Sleep.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Watching TV.

4. What happened to you in 2006?

One of the highlights is I fell in love.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
Malaysia. Somebody was asking where was I from.

6. How many beverages did you have today?
Just plain water.

7. What color is your hairbrush?
Brown. Been using it for 4-5 years.

8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Enchanted movie ticket. Overrated.

9. Where were you last night?
Out with friends. Window shopped and watched a movie. That's all.

10. What color is your front door?
Creamy white.

11. Where do you keep your change?
My purse. But I take every opportunity to use it because I don't like bulky purses.

12. What’s the weather like today?
Sunny. Great!

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
Chocolate. Most probably Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I only buy them on special occasions, emergency situations (eg: craving or depression) or when it is on sale.

14. What excites you?
Gifts and surprises.

15. Do you want to cut your hair?
Yes. I hate my current plain hair. I want my fringe back. Fringe is in.

16. Are you over the age of 25?
You think?

17. Do you talk a lot?
I used to when I was younger but I've learned to keep my mouth shut. I am more reserved now, especially to strangers. I smile a lot though.

18. Do you watch the O.C.?
The correct answer is I DID watch the first and second seasons of the O.C.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
No, I don't think so. I can't recall anybody named Steven except for Steven Wakefield, that character from the golden years of Sweet Valley.

20. Do you make up your own words?
Of course! I even give people nicknames.

21. Are you a jealous person?
No.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
Ashraf. I've known him since I was in primary school.

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
Kamal. I've known him since I was in primary school too. One of the richest kids in school.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
My friend, A.

25. What does the last text message you received say?
"K. nanti abg btau k..guna la next year dpt hadiah lain pulak!"

26. Do you chew on your straw?
Sometimes, especially when I wasn't thirsty. I don't chew straws at proper functions too.

27. Do you have curly hair?
When I was small, my hair was so curly, I hated it so much. Now, it isn't as wild as before, and my hair is more wavy than curly.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
Out for a shopping trip tomorrow.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
This girl I used to live with. I don't know why, I've never received any rude comments from her but most of my other friends did. I don't hate her, that's just the way she is. She could be sweet and funny too.
Oh, and another girl whom I used to live with. I despise this one. She thought she was pretty and she made rude comments to my friends about looks. Again, I've never been a victim.

30. What was the last thing you ate?
Canned green peas.

31. Will you get married in the future?
Yes, once.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
Knocked up.

33. Is there anyone you like right now?
I like many people, but I'm in love with one person only.

34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
Yesterday. No dirty dishes yet today.

35. Are you currently depressed?
No. I am happy!

36. Did you cry today?
No.

37. Why did you answer and post this?
Pruplelillies tagged me.

No comments: