Tuesday, May 5, 2020

One of the things that I am glad we practice in our family is- the act of kissing and hugging are natural.

Something I didn't grow up with.
My family, with Mother, Father and my siblings, we don't show our love...Physically and verbally. Dysfunctional? Maybe not kot...

Two times I remember Father kissed me. One, before PMR, second, before I flew overseas for my tertiery education.

I feel like writing this because my 7 year-old son willingly hugged me just now before his bedtime.
He went through a phase when he didn't like me kissing him or hugging him. But I persevered, you see. One time, I was watching TV, and I called him to come to me. He asked me what I wanted, and I declared that I needed a cuddle, which he reluctantly gave me. Haha.

But he is back to hugging for past 2 weeks, and I really enjoyed it. He doesn't hug his sister though. Typical brother and sister relationship. But Baby H always wants to hug him. They even had a game of kejar-kejar- Baby H chases after him to hug him, while Abang K runs away from her.

I hope we will always hug each other, even when I am old and wrinkly...

No comments: