Tuesday, May 12, 2020

I've been lazy. Three days in a row without exercising. What happened to my resolution, eh?

And I also have been putting off my chores of bringing the blankets to the laundry downstairs. Maybe, I will do it tomorrow...

Yesterday, I found out my son couldn't grasp the task of writing Jawi properly. He could read it like a 7 year-old would do (I mean, to me, okay lah, boleh baca surah lazim sikit-sikit), but writing is horrible.

I was thinking of teaching him Jawi, I know it will definitely test my patience, but I always put myself as the standard. I khatam Quran when I was in standard 2, went to sekolah agama when I was 9. Sucked at Jawi, couldn't read and write very poorly, I got number 17 in that class, okay. But picked myself up very quickly when I was 10, always in top 3 of the class after that.

So, okay. Perhaps, I don't need to be so harsh on him.



You know, I downloaded the app Pandai. Haha. Mengharap IQ anak I setaraf genius. -___-

Kangaroo Math- sometimes my son could answer but it took a long time and a lot of explaining.

Beaver computational- Questions are usually very long, even I could lose interest halfway. I usually ask my son to skip the question because it is too advanced for him (and sometimes for me also, I am ashamed to admit, haha).

And I didn't know BM can be tough! Do they really learn these 'digraf', 'konsonan bergabung' and whatnots in school? Okay, I understand maybe they do teach them in school, but do they put them in the question papers like that? So strange and to me, irrelevant.
For BM, I would just leave my son to answer by himself, and wouldn't get too annoyed if he got the wrong answers. Whatever.



Ahhh...Last but not least, my lovely daughter. She usually would automatically stop whatever she was doing whenever I go to 'teacher mode' to her brother. As if, she expects me to pay as much attention to her as I do to her brother. Sometimes, she even asks for homework too.

Still couldn't recognize ABC or 123, but I know she has so much potential in her. I can tell she has a sharp mind.

Anyway, I was feeding her dinner/ buka puasa just now. But, she's a slow eater. So, I rushed her.

Me: Baby H, cepat sikit makan tu. Slow lah awak ni! Mommy pun nak makan juga! Nak kemas dapur lagi!

Baby H: Mommy kan puasa, mana boleh makan!

-___-

Dia nak I puasa sampai ke malam ke...

No comments: