Thursday, May 28, 2020

My girl asked for a book. A pop-up Alice in Wonderland book by Robert Sabuda that she saw on Yoube. It's expensive and I said- No, nanti Baby H koyakkan!
She promised she won't.
And the book looks so pretty, so I decided to buy it. Still waiting, it's been two weeks.

I thought I wanted to wait until the book arrived before I write this, but, lama sangatlah!

I also wanted to buy other pop-up books for my son, you know, I am trying to be fair here, if my daughter gets one book, my son should get one too. But, all the pop-up books I think is suitable for a boy, is not available locally. And I've checked multiple websites. Most are pre-order. Don't want lah pre-order.

Anyway, I also bought A Classic Case of Dr Seuss, a collection of 20 books. I bought it with my kids in my mind, but actually, I also want to read them, because I've never read a single Dr. Seuss book, so I want to know what's the hype is about.

We haven't finished all of them but each of us have our own favourite. Haha.

I like Oh, The Places You'll Go. It's so real. It's the kind of story that I would read if I'm feeling down or if I need a lift up.

My son likes The Sneetches and I Wish I Had Duck Feet.

My daughter likes There's a Wocket in My Pocket.

Because of their favourites, we've been reading the same books over and over again before bedtime. That's why we haven't finished reading the whole collection yet. That's okay. I want them to enjoy it. That's the purpose.

I also wanted to buy
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
The Little Prince
but I guess, not now. I don't think my kids are ready for these yet.

And for myself, maybe someday I will buy all Robert Sabuda's pop-up books and just admire his work up close. Cantik sangat!

No comments: