Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I don't understand how people do business sometimes.
Especially those yang konon-konon Jessica Boutique, konon-konon Paula Collection, tapi bila sampai kedai, kena take off your shoes.

WTF!

I don't mind if they are small stalls dekat Pasar Siti Khadijah tu ke...At least I know I won't be wearing my nice, difficult-to-take-off high heels to those kind of place. But, when I am already nicely donned, complete with matching set of heels, suddenly I have to take my shoes off, that really ticks me off!

A few times, I purposely said it out loud, "Tak nak masuklah kedai ni! Tak professional, kena buka kasut pulak..."

Bukanlah I nak berlagak ke ape, but in my opinion, it's so unwelcoming, why would you want to make it a hassle for your customers? Is this a good business strategy? Come on lah, you claim it's a boutique, right, please don't treat your shop as if it's your house! Baik buat home business je macam tu kan!

Most of the time, I just pretend that I don't see the sign "Sila tanggalkan kasut." Usually, they let me roam the shop, but there are times when the shopkeeper has the guts to tell me, "Kena bukak kasut ye..."

Haa, masa ni mestilah aku naik angin. Terus I tarik my husband keluar and I'll be in a very foul mood.

Seriously, I don't understand lah Malay business! Why!!!

One time, my husband pulak yang over, I pretended not to realize the signage, but my husband pandai-pandai, "Yang, yang, kena buka kasut. Kak, kena buka kasut ke?"

OMG, siap clarify dengan tukang jaga kedai tu. Lepas tu, memang kenalah berbaldi baldi ceramah dengan I. I mean, why do you want to encourage this type of business attitude? IT IS SO NOT PROFESSIONAL! Unacceptable!

Again, I would like to stress, I am totally okay with small shoplots, because at least I can just screen from the outside just to see what it has to offer. Ni kedai amboi, cantik, konon ekslusif la, sekali kena tanggal kasut.

Bodoh!


4 comments:

Moose said...

It ticks me off too! Macam nak bukak kedai ke rumah kan sampai nak kena tanggal kasut bagai. Serious tak faham.

Anonymous said...

As salam, selalunya kedai-kedai macam ini mereka solat, ada bilik kecil di belakang. sekarang pun ada pejabat-pejabat yang kena buka kasut sebab kaum wanita bersolat di dalamnya. Untuk menjaga kebersihan.

wassalam
pekerja butik

The Tea Drinker said...

somewhat a good reason but u can loose customers this way. i'm sure u use sejadah so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

trust me. masjid penuh time solat tu, sujud atas tanah tak beralas pun okay je.

Anonymous said...

What the heck ... Tanah dan habuk boleh buat tayammum , tu la org melayu