Wednesday, August 15, 2018

My maid ran away. This isn't the first time my helper left, we don't mind so much about her leaving, in fact. But, this time, she stole our things, estimated RM10k worth of valuables.

*Sigh*

She took my daughter's gold necklaces, my ring, the kids' duit raya and my other phone.

Jahat, kan?
It's like, she was here with us for more than a year, just to eye on the things she stole.

Yang paling sedih, my phone...

You see...I don't think I'm pretty. Therefore, I don't enjoy taking pictures of myself. Plus, my husband and I are in a long distance relationship. So, mostly I take pictures of my kids. Or with me, without my tudung.
This is why I didn't use Instagram.
I didn't need to.

I feel like crying writing this.

I know, I know...They are just pictures. But my kids are growing up and I will never see them small again. And she took my phone and all their pictures and I don't have any backup whatsoever.

This is my first time crying about this.

I let my kids use iPads. I'm a bad mother, I know. But, whenever they are playing, I would put my phone down and play with them too. I don't use my phone to take their photos while they are playing.

Reason being, I want to be a present mother. I want to lead by example. I want to give them all my attention. And I've had them telling me, "Mommy, letak phone tu," and "Mommy tak boleh tengok phone!"

For example, yesterday, we played with the water guns and I let them shoot me until I was soaked wet. I was Mario (from Super Mario) and my son was the villain who was trying to kidnap the princess (my daughter).
We had so much fun.
However, I didn't bring my phone.

So, do you understand how few pictures I have of them, especially when they were smaller?

I always tell myself, the most important things are memories.
We don't usually remember what exactly happened, but we always remember how we feel at a particular time or place, with a particular person.
Now, I can eat my own words because memories are better with pictures!

The reason I was so cool about this (initially) is I tried to stay calm, patient and see the brighter side of it. Redha.
Tapi, saya insan lemah.
I am now upset.

My problem is actually petty if I compare myself with other people.
I shall be thankful instead.
At least my maid didn't physically hurt my kids, right?

Eeee...I don't to waste my energy and time on my stupid maid lah!

Allah akan gantikan dengan yang lebih baik, InsyaAllah.

4 comments:

farah said...

my phone masuk air and i realised the importance of backing up my photos sbb i lost like 2k worth of picture, so now i have google photos.

u download the app then select the free unlimited setting and buat automatic backup, voila semua di back up automatically. then i start to upload old photos so i have a larger library online, kalau beli phone baru pun i can download all my photos balik or just install the app je, please have a try!

cacah said...

semoga dipermudahkan urusan u dan family :)

the ectopy said...

I wish I knew about this earlier! Thanx for sharing

Zubaidah Arshad said...

Having pictures in your phone can be a little tricky. The other day, when I scrolled the album, I stumbled upon Aboody's pictures and videos. His smile, his laugh, his stupid hair all brought back nothing but heartache and bad memories.