Monday, January 26, 2009

ugly

To tell you the truth, my boyfriend is not a very good looking man.

I'd say, he is so-so in terms of looks. And that's being generous of me. Honestly, he could easily fall under the category of under-average looking kind of guy.

I have no problems with his looks but some of my friends occasionally make fun of him. For example, when we were talking about a friend whose boyfriend is a good-looking guy and many women try to snatch him away from her, one of them said to me, "You don't need to worry, tak ada orang nak mengorat your boyfriend kot..." then the bunch of us giggled, including me! What else can I do?

However, I'm glad I am able to see beyond his physicals. After a careful observation, I realize how much I love his smiling eyes and his nose, which I wish our children would inherit. I'm glad I could appreciate the qualities in him. I am also glad that even though I am madly in love with my boyfriend, I am not blinded and I don't deny the reality. I always feel like tearing my skin off if I saw a couple who feel like they are the cutest, syok sendiri dan tak sedar diri. Hei, geli-lah!

I bet if he had the looks, he'd be perfect! If I could love him when he is ugly, imagine how much would my love be if he was good-looking! Haha!

The problem with me is, I don't have the talent to express my feelings as freely as I want (hence the existance of this blog). Sometimes, when I feel so loved and happy, I would only smile and hope my boyfriend and the people around me could read my thoughts; the thoughts I so want to say out loud but somehow they are stucked in my throat.

I am better at producing nasty comments, like, "You ni, kenapa you tak hensem macam adik you?..." I plan to end the sentence with: 'Tapi if I was given the option between you and somebody else, I'd still pick you' but I find it too difficult to say, most of the time I am embarassed even before vocalising the words. He never had the chance to hear the rest of my thoughts and I often feel guilty so, I simply say, "Sorry, janganlah terasa...I main-main je lah tadi...Of course, I love you..." but it would have been better if I could say what I wanted to say in the first place.

I am so not a sweet talker. Macam mana nak practice to improve my skills? He must be really, really happy to hear something really nice from me every once in a while. Kasihan pula my boyfriend...





Anyway, my boyfriend decided to get me a Charriol. Sigh. Sure I am happy, but that beats the purpose of me advising him to buy something less expensive. Confirm my boyfriend ni jenis tak faham bahasa or he simply refuses to listen! Kena nyanyi lagu Listen by Beyonce ni, haha!

I haven't seen the gift yet because he's outstation, so I browsed the website wondering which design he chose for me.

Me: I tengok website Charriol, tak ada pun charm bracelet. You tak belikan I charm bracelet eh? Kan I cakap, I nak charm bracelet.
Him: Betullah I beli bracelet...
Me: Bracelet dengan charm bracelet tu lain tau. You tau tak charm bracelet tu apa? You tahu rupa dia?

I didn't make a huge fuss about it. He's kind enough to buy me a gift. But seriously, Charriol tak jual charm bracelet-lah, I dah survey website dia. Well, I might be wrong...Wait and see-lah...

Me: (Annoyed) Kenapa you beli Charriol? Alang-alang beli Charriol, baik beli Chopard terus...
Him: (Laughs) Kalau nak Chopard, kena kahwin dulu!

(Marriage is a whole different story, I roll my eyes.)

P/S: Chopard's Happy Diamonds ring collections are to die for! Definitely my dream wedding ring...Simple, yet elegant. Even though the stones are only one, two or three, they still make me happy! Memang dalam mimpi je lah.

4 comments:

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Tiffany has lovely charms that you can add on to your silver bracelet. Have you checked that out yet?

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

By that I meant Tiffany & Co, ya. ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is supposed to be a surprise gift for me, so I didn't suggest anything to him except that I wanted a charm bracelet. He bought a Tiffany necklace before, I think he wants to tukar angin kot, that's why he bought the Charriol. He's the kind yang suka try try different things.

Anonymous said...

Just love him as he is and just say out loud what you really feels deep inside... tak yah malu2... sometimes... we need to hear it... hehe.. apa pun, i'm sure he is a nice guy and I'm glad you can see his qualities beyond his looks... bertuah si dia has a gf like u....