Sunday, January 4, 2009

astronout

I had the weirdest dream last night.

I was an astronout with 4 other people. We were floating in the outer space but the radio was broken so we could not get home. We thought we are going to die.

We thought about dying, will people know we died here in the outer space? Will somebody rescue us? How many oxygen left for us? How painful would it be?

I had my hope high, I said there is still a way, there is always a way. The headquarter would detect us missing and conduct a rescue mission for us, I said.

No, that would take days, and by the time they'd be up here, we would be dead by then, one of us said.

Suddenly, one of us started to send goodbye messages to his family via his mobile phone.

I suggested that he should send a message to the headquarter instead, telling them that we could not contact them because the radio is broken, come fix it fast.

Should we worry them? One of us questioned. We were going to die anyway, we shouldn't let them worry, there is no way they could rescue us in time.

I said, no, we should tell somebody, I am hopeful, we are are hopeful. Tell them to give us instructions on how to fix the radio.

'We don't have the tools.'

So, I opened the spaceship door and quickly grabbed whatever that were floating in the darkness (must do it quick to conserve the oxygen in the spaceship) and guess what, I managed to get four Swiss Army blades! Haha.

'There you go, our tools.'

One of us tried to call his children and I scolded him for wasting his call credit, 'We need to use whatever we have to survive'.

I can't remember what happened next, but I remember arguing and debating whether we should just die and not let the people we love to be burdened by us. The rescue mission would be a hassle and dangerous as well and we might not even survive it.

A woman in the group said, very softly, almost whispering, with eyes so empty yet so full with regret, "No, I don't want to die. I have my children. I have sins and I'm not ready to die yet. I still have many things to do in my life. I want to improve my ibadah before I die".

After she said it, we all agreed we wanted to survive this, no matter what it takes, because we didn't want to die sinful.

That surely lifted our spirits to live.



I woke up, thankful, that my subconcious still tells me, even in my dream, that I should improve my ibadah before I die.

No comments: