Saturday, April 4, 2020

When I am at work, I have high ambition. Like, if I was at home, I could cook more often, mop the floor, teach the kids...

But, when weekend comes, like today, all we did was- play. No lessons at all.

We pretended we were in the aeroplanes (my son wants to be in first class seats only, not even business class, okay, first class!), and we played police and robbers, we had a running race...Watched TV and the tablets in between and ate lots of chocolates. We didn't do any painting today, though.

I don't know whether I should feel guilty or not.

I'm guilty because I should've used the time to teach my kids Maths, or forced them to practice their piano, or read Iqra'.
But, on the other hand, some people say that playtime is when they learn too. I don't know what they get to learn when they play those games though.

But you know what I tell myself? Even if they didn't get to benefit anything from all of it, at least it did me good. We were creating memories. The ones that I would cherish when I am old. I guess, the playtime benefits me best.

No comments: