Sunday, April 5, 2020

I've been avoiding the words 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend', when talking to my kids. I just want them to see the opposite genders as friends, it's okay to like them or not, because they are people. And if you like them, it doesn't mean you are a couple. I never tease my kids with any girls/ boys.

When we watch TV ir cartoons, I'd just say
- Oh, boy tu suka dekat girl tu...
- Dia dah kahwin dengan boy tu...

Hehe. So, my daughter has this perception that: if you kiss somebody on the mouth, it means you are married to that person.
(She'll say something like this: Nak kahwin dengan Daddy!- when she insists to kiss her dad on the lips)

Just now, I watched a funny Youtube video, and my son was asking what was it about, and why was it funny. When explaining, I said- Girlfriend dia jealous, bla bla bla.

And he understood. I guess he knew the word from the Internet.

Then he said, "Abang K tahu siapa girlfriend Daddy. Girlfriend Daddy is Mommy lah!"

Good boy.

My daughter ni pulak, when she was 3 years old, she said she had 4 friends. Amira, Athilash, Sofia and Adam.
Adam was a new kid. She never mentioned Adam before.
She said, "Baby H suka Adam. Sebab Adam handsome. Adam handsome macam Abang K."

Haha. Baby H adores her brother. Whenever she compliments someone on her looks, she'd compare them to Abang K or my husband.

Baby H is 4 this year. And for past 1 week, she has been enjoying Teen Titans.

I like Teen Titans too! It's funny.

I just think 4-year-olds shouldn't be watching Teen Titans. You are a toddler, not a teenager! Dia tengok sampai tergelak-gelak, macam faham sangat je...Faham ke?

No comments: