Thursday, July 7, 2016

Selamat Hari Raya!

Truthfully, I've been trying to search for a proper baju raya this year, but to no avail. Tak ada yang berkenan dan yang paling penting, kena breastfeeding friendly.

So, no baju raya for me this year.

Yesterday was the day I packed my baju for 7 days, including for Baby K and Baby H, in the span of 2 hours. I simply rummaged my wardrobe for old baju kurung. I really do have some nice ones that I haven't been wearing for some time.

But, today morning, when I tried one on, I can only zip it up halfway! Oh, my God...Mommy has gone fat! My husband laughed at me...I also wasn't expecting I was that skinny before...I mean, I think I am not so fat for someone who just gave birth 4 months ago, second pregnancy body some more, right?

So, my little family has no theme colour, whatever...

I'll be wearing the same handbags and shoes for the next 6 days, how boring...This is the downside of celebrating not in your hometown.

Nevertheless, I am blessed, Alhamdulillah. No baju raya, but my husband bought a new phone for me. Also, new cars for me, him and his company. Most importantly, a new baby! Great health and family...

I am even more grateful when I met a father, whose wife is sick, and has to take care of his 7 children, the youngest is a Down's Syndrome baby, by doing odd jobs.

And, when someone told me about an Indonesian father, whose kid was ill and did not survive. The father couldn't afford the van jenazah, so he carried his dead kid from the hospital on his motorcycle, for a couple of hours before reaching home.

And the Masjid Nabawi incident...

I am crying as I am typing this.
I wish I could help them all...

I couldn't stop thinking about them, that's why I write, despite this post should be about the joyful Eid.

Again, Selamat Hari Raya! I truly ask for your forgiveness kalau I ada silap and salah...I'm always scared if I sound boastful, or, konon baik sangat in my writing. Seriously, I am not. But if you think I do, sorry sangat-sangat, I don't mean to...Sila jangan menyampah dengan I, hehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No you didnt kak, you sound like normal human being.
I love your writing.

Selamat hari raya kak.

-min