Tuesday, October 4, 2022

I don't know why but I am so bothered after my 6 year-old daughter told me about what happened to her 2 weeks ago.

She's in kindergarden and her closest friends are Jess and Gina (not real names). She is always thinking about them, like, can they come for a sleepover, can I buy this toy for them too, I want to make bracelets for them, Jess this, Gina that...

And I am happy for her. They seem like nice girls and that's why my daughter loves them so much.

We were on a holiday last week. Naturally, before we went, my daughter was all excited and told her friends about the plan.

Tapi I tak tau lah, diorang ni jealous ke apa, 2 days before we left, Jess told the whole class not to talk to my daughter for the whole day. And nobody was allowed to sit with her.

She told me this yesterday. And then she said, "So, I sat alone and drew a broken heart."

And that broke my heart! Geram tau, kecik-kecik dah mean girls! And, I was like, "Aw, she's just jealous of you. Why is she so mean!"

And my daughter still defended them, "They didn't talk to me for one day only, Mommy. We are friends now."

I'm so upset and bothered. Why lah do like that to my daughter. I bukanlah nak bias ke apa, but Baby H ni memang baik sangat. She's so empathatic, kind, loving, helpful, generous and polite. And tengoklah, she didn't even tell me this right away, semalam baru cerita...

Am I just being protective, or overdramatic.. I don't know. I diam je lah, tak adalah nak halang my kid from being friends with her. I just told my daughter not to be like her. Tapi deep down, sekarang ni, I tak suka si Jess ni! Mean girl vibe sangat!

No comments: