Monday, June 15, 2020

Puasa hari ini.
Nak masak something fast for dinner.

Trout fish.
Searched for trout recipes on Youtube.
Semua macam involve bahan yang I tak ada. Lemon lah, thyme leave lah etc
Geltting frustrated because it was already late, until I read a comment that you can actually cook trout fish with just lemon, salt and pepper. May add any spice. Hahaha...Noob.

Ganti lemon dengan limau nipis (because siakap boleh masak dengan limau nipis, so I thought that should do it). Garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Plus, Chinese 5 spice, because that's the only spice (other than blackpepper) that I had around.

Turned out good and kids enjoyed dinner. Haha, success!

Bedtime-
Me: Sedapnya Mommy masak tadi...
Son: Ha ah lah. Sedap. Mommy masak apa tadi? Crab ke?
Me: Tu ikanlah...Ikan trout.
Son: Ohhh...Rasa macam crab yang kita makan dekat London. Ingat tak? Sedap...
Me: Mana ada kita makan crab! Kita makan lobster lah...

Ya'll, my son compared my cooking to the dish that we had at Burger&Lobster!
Best compliment of the day!

Disclaimer- trout do not taste like lobster. My son was talking nonsense. Hahaha...!

No comments: