Friday, June 12, 2020

There is this guy, who used to be my classemates when I was 16 and 17. We were close like normal boarding school classmates should be, like okay lah, tak adalah close gila, but we joked around and we talked.
He ended up marrying our classmate too. So, we all are, okay lah, biasa, rapat masa sekolah, tapi dah tua ni tak adalah rapat.

Anyway, now, we all work together. His wife is in a different department. This guy ranks higher than my position.
In March, this guy did something to me. Because of his ranks, he has the power to order me around, but what he did made me so upset because
- his order was too sudden, he should've asked me personally first. I mean, if it was the other way round, I definitely would have given him a heads up, for old time sake.
- it's not like he doesn't have my number, we all are in the same Whatsapp group for goodness sake! Dan bukan group tidur ye...Acceptably active.

In the end, I bypassed his order because my direct boss, which ranks higher than him, made the ultimate decision for me.

But, still...Sakit hati. Terasa sangat dengan how he treated me. No courtesy at all .
Since then, I naik menyampah dengan dia.

Adalah terserempak, but very professional conversation only and nobody else knew about our prior relationship (as classmates) except for a few people.

My husband knows how I feel about him.
I forgot to tell you that my husband was friends with him too. I introduced them and they would bump into each other every now and then.

Today, my husband bumped into him, but he didn't say 'Hi' to my husband. My husband is the type of person who always, always says 'Hi' first (unlike me), so, just now, he was testing whether this guy would acknowledge my husband's presence if my husband didn't say 'Hi' first.

When my husband arrived home, suddenly my husband declared his dislike to this guy. He said, this guy sombong lah, berlagak lah, perasan bagus lah...

Women are complicated.
As much as I menyampah dengan this ex-classmate of mine, I don't want to turn my husband against him too. I am sure I am not the one who influenced my husband to be less fond of him, but when my husband talked bad about him, I felt the need to defend him pulak.

Because I know he isn't that bad, it was just that one time that got me really upset.
And, it annoys me that my husband has developed a dislike to him, why can't I be the only one who don't like him now!

Ugh.

Now, I am confused. Shouldn't I be glad that my husband is on my side?

Haha. Apalah yang I fikir malam-malam ni...Complicated lah jadi perempuan ni!

1 comment:

aisha said...

alaaaaaa... comel nya.. well i guess maybe the guy feel insecure? even his ranks his higher than yours, dia rasa eh... abaikan.. tapi pelik la kan.. selalu pompuan je cenggitu.. hahaahahhaah or or he suka you suatu ketika dulu, tapi tak berbalas?