Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I am happy and extremely grateful that my life is becoming more and more stable, less unpredictable. Although, it is boring, but I like that I can provide some sort of routine to my children. I read that kids like routine.

True. Because I remember, when I was little, my routine was going to school, then sekolah agama/ mengaji, a visit to the playground, watched TV before I went to bed. I remember how Mother always prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner and I never really did skip a meal but I was tiny.
Anyway, I didn't feel the burden even though Mother said my life was busy.

Kids are resilient. They cope.

So, for now, the only routine I've managed so far is making them eat dinner by themselves with minimal help from me, quick shower, brush their teeth and go to bed by 9.30pm. Recite some ayat hafazan before bed (I doubt this helps, but at least I am trying)

And I already feel accomplished. Haha!

I still give them screen time, guilty.
After this, I am trying to include mengaji, piano practice and a little bit of Maths.

I wish I could include outdoor activities in the routine but we now live in an apartment and there's no park within walking distance. The apartment playground is a pity.

I am tired, maybe because I am old, but I feel like I am settling down. It's so sad that I've lost so much time already. My eldest is 7 and will only be around for another 10 years, or less if he ends up in a boarding.

Oh, my God, this is not the ending I am expecting. I am gonna be alone... :(

No comments: