Saturday, September 29, 2018

We were working, it was nearing lunch time, and we had seen our last client.
We were ready for a break when she came. My staff told me, there was another person left.

I sighed and got irritated. Why did she come so late? In other places, we would have rejected her. She was late for her appointment.

I quickly called her to my room. We greeted each other. She was an elderly and came alone.

Our meeting was brief. It was straight to the point. I wanted to finish on time.

"Anything else? Mau tanya apa-apa?" I asked, typically to signal the end of the conversation.

Even though I was slightly annoyed, I did not show it. I smiled and made her comfortable throughout.

She then said, "Awak sangat baik. Sangat baik. Awak tak marah saya pun."

That, made me feel embarassed. There I was, thinking that she was a hassle, when in return, she thought I was kind.

Hypocrite much?

No comments: