Tuesday, June 19, 2018

How was your Raya?
I got to spend it with my husband and children for 5 days! Without my helper, without our moms, and my kids really enjoyed it because we let them stay up and play all day...

This Raya, I am reminded why I fell in love with husban. I can see why my jodoh is with him. His side keeps my children and I grounded. Teach us how to behave and appreciate the things that we have. Alhamdulillah.

For example, I was quite restless because we didn't have a proper family picture. I was seeing Facebook and Instagram and saw all those pretty, happy pictures, and felt pressured to keep up. I didn't want my friends to think my marriage was in trouble!

But, my husband brought us to visit his relatives and friends. Mostly the elders in the family.

One of his aunts suffers from diabetes and going to be blind due to cataracts. It's a simple procedure, but she didn't have money for the lens. Oh, my, why didn't you tell earlier? - my husband asked. She's living all by herself, how can she function if she cannot see.

Anyway, that's settled. And suddenly, I don't mind anymore if we didn't have a proper family picture.

----

I am mostly known for my career in his family. It's quite embarassing though. They would usually introduce me like- this is Abang's wife, she works in bla bla bla.

It makes me wonder what if one day, I wanted to quit. Imagine me like: (Sheepishly smiles) No, no, no...I don't work anymore...

Surely, there will be a lot of questions...That I don't want to answer...Because I am just tired of working??? Is that even acceptable?
Because people quit their jobs to take care of the family, usually when their children are young, or if they have many children.

I only have 2, and they are no longer babies, and my husband is not a millionaire (yet, hehehe), so, really, I don't have any reasons to stay at home...I do envy you guys who do and can be! Sigh...

Anyway, this has become about me wanting to be a housewife. Haha. The other day, I had a dream that I changed my career and it didn't go well for me. Now, it's just haunting me. Like, I don't want to make a major mistake.

I was supposed to write about my Raya and there's a lot of stories. But I think this post will do for now. Byeee!

No comments: