Tuesday, October 4, 2016

I worry about my children becoming little brats.

I don't know lah whether I yang over perasan, but I notice my MIL always takes my son's side.

When he's naughty and throws food on purpose- tak apa.

When he makes a mess on purpose- biarkan.

When he fights with his cousins- the cousins get scolded.

When he doesn't want to share- the cousins are told to leave him.

When he hit the cousins- my MIL just laughs.

When he cries mengada-ngada- my MIL gives in.

Aiyo...If I notice the favouritism, my in-laws might notice it too.

Dahlah I am the odd one, that's why I like to leave my son with my MIL when we balik kampung, so I can blend in better, tapi, when my son is in the house, amboi, macam anak raja, perangai menjadi-jadi.

Sometimes, I saja extra garang membebel-bebel, so they would know that my son is not always right.

When my son doesn't want to listen to his grandparents- they say my son doesn't understand the loghat.
Hello, it's not like you are talking in a foreign language. Malay is still our mother tongue. Mengada-ngada je budak tu.

Yang Baby H ni pun sama...
Kalau dekat kampung, menangis je...I understand it's hot, but this is still Malaysia, jangan perasan yang awak tu anak orang putih, boleh tak?

She is just a baby, I know, but I couldn't help but feel embarassed when I have to bring her inside the car for her naps.

My parents-in-law are very nice, I know they wouldn't think that my children are spoilt brats, but I'm sure they feel bad when they see my baby keeps being fussy, while other babies are all so calm. I understand the feeling of not being able to provide comfort...

I hope they would treat all their grandchildren the same. We are not special, different maybe, not special!

1 comment:

Skinny E. said...

Ive thoroughly enjoyed your blog! Ive followed you for years and years (roughly 6 years?) but its been on and off for the last one year or two. Its nice to read from when you were young, before gettin married and now have kids. Keep on writin, I will definitely keep on readin.