Tuesday, August 23, 2016

We all have had interesting encounters with our clients.

My colleague today told me about her client who cried in her room. "Her husband left her for a Filipino girl. They have 5 children together. They had been married for 13 years."

"What happened?"

"Her ex-husband is an engineer. He works in the Philippines. She would visit him every now and then. Then, she noticed his house was always neat. That's how she knew."

"She told me, always put your name and your husband's name together whenever you buy properties. Always! Now, her husband is taking the house, the car, the children, everything! She's only 35."

My other colleague said: Leave the children lah. Why so sebok with the children, he has a new wife, go make kids with the new woman lah.

"The husband already has 2 kids with that woman."

-----

Yeah, so...You will never know what will happen.

Although, it only sounds so rational to share ownership of properties...

But how do you ask for it from your husband?

-----

Colleague: Do you get monthly allowance from your husband?

Me: No. I never really ask for it. I know some people who do get the monthly allowance though. Is that how it supposed to be?

Colleague: I don't know. I'm not married yet. My friend is asking me.

Me: But, my husband pays for the maid and the car. And he pays whenever we go out. When he is in town, he makes sure the cars have enough gas, enough credits on my Smart Tag...He sends the cars for services and carwash. He also gives money to my mom every month. I don't know how much, but he does. So, I think, that's enough.

Colleague: Wahhh...So good...Plus, you are also working, so you have your own money.

Me: True. I don't really depend on him. Actually, when we first got married, we lived separately, meaning, we buy our own things lah. Then, when I moved to his hometown, I helped a lot. Sekarang ni baru okay sikit.

Colleague: So, I guess, you do get monthly allowance, just not fixed.

Me: Yeah. Come to think of it, actually, I don't spend that much. I think, I only pay for stuff I bought online. I bought a lot of baby stuff online and they are expensive! I bought baju too, because, you know, I can't shop when the kids are around.

-----

So, is it too much if I were to tell him: Hey, you should put my name too on this. But you pay for it!

Haha.

I think it all boils down to how well you are communicating with each other.

Or...You could simply volunteer to pay half of it, as long as your name is on it.

No comments: