Thursday, October 8, 2015

A few days ago, I met some friends. We were talking about the good old times.

We were poor so we were always trying to save money, especially when we were travelling.

So, we were on a train in Switzerland. Confirm lah mahal kan...But I was hungry, and the menu was in French. I ended up ordering the cheapest plate. When the plate arrived, I saw 6 little pieces of cheese. No wonder it was cheaper than the rest, it was a cheese plater! And I was still hungry after eating it! So much for 15 euros!

Next, we were in Spain. After finishing our tour, we were brought to a restaurant, we knew it was going to be expensive, but all of us can't say No. So, we ordered the cheapest meal, which turned out to be aubergines with olive oil. I didn't like aubergines but I had to eat something! What an awful meal...But, I do eat aubergines now...

Another incident was at the airport. My friend needed coffee, so she went to Starbucks and ordered the cheapest drink. She was young and innocent. All she got was a very small cup of espresso! She was like, "Betulke ni?"
"You order ape?"
"Espresso."
"Espresso memanglah kecik!"
"Pahitnya!"
To sweeten her espeesso, she put a lot of milk, and ended up drinking the free milk provided instead. Multiple small cups of free milk to quench her thirst.

Kelakar pulak bila fikir balik.

-----

My niece was quarrelling with my son. We were at the dinner table.

Me: Lisa, please share the food!
Niece: No!
Me: Tak baik tau macam tu! Orang tamak selalu...???
Niece: MAKAN!!!

-____-

Me: Orang tamak selalu rugi!!!

No comments: