Sunday, December 21, 2014

I never knew I possess this amount of patience until my son tested me with his tantrums.

The old me would have exploded.

For the past 1 year and 4 months, I had lost patience only twice. The first, when he was 2 months old, I was tired and alone and he kept crying and woke up everytime I put him down. I felt paralysed. One point, I just screamed to dilute his cry.

The second time was when he was around 4 months old. I can't remember what exactly happened, all I can remember that I lost it.

Of course, I felt so bad afterwards. He was just a baby and didn't know anything. I was supposed to protect him.

I was still adjusting at that time. And I remember that I was really frustrated toward my husband. I thought he purposely made himself busy so he can avoid taking care of our baby. I also thought he was hu ha at work while leaving me at our messy home. How fun, he could take a break while I can't.

Then, I started to work and I learnt to juggle things and Baby K was thriving well. I've never lost patience since.

Even when I came home tired, Baby K is always my priority. I even pity him (and myself) because Mommy has to leave him for work, so often.

Just now, Baby K had the worst tantrums.

Now that he's taking his afternoon nap, I'm glad I kept my cool. He's just a baby and he was just sleepy and wanted to play. He was in a foul mood but I remember the many other days when he was so well behaved and adorable.

Mother witnessed how I handled him.
She must have been proud of how much I've changed.

Thank you, Baby, for teaching me about patience. Love you forever.

No comments: