Sunday, April 24, 2022

I just wanna say...I'm quite happy with my skin now. Haven't felt like this in years...I'm now happy with my skincare routine...

My skin is still not perfect though. I don't expect it to be. I'm almost 40 and I've only started wearing sunscreen daily probably for past 6 months. A lot scarrings too...Haha, I was lazy and couldn't care less before...

But, thanks to TikTok and Instagram, I now know what to look for in a skincare product. Hey, I didn't have the time before. Now that I do, and it's giving me results, I'm so glad!

I am also into very minimal make-up routine. Again, thanks to TikTok. The natural look, clean-and-fresh, very minimal and basic...A bit of concealer, loose translucent powder, clear mascara...I think it suits me best. Or, maybe it suits my age best...? Plus points are it is so easy to remove (less products) and so quick to do! But, I still don't do make-up everyday, though. Only for special occasions...

The funny thing is, I was so reluctant to download TikTok because I thought it is for younger audience and I was afraid I would waste my time watching stupid dance videos...But when you get the algorithm right, I actually learn quite a bit...

The same thing happened before I decided to browse the Instagram. I shamelessly admit that I'm late to the game...But, I had my reason and I made a careful, informed decision...

And nobody blogs anymore! Ugh...I am ancient.. Haha...

Anyway...Some random guy who lives in the same apartment building said 'Hi' the other day. I was with my daughter and he asked me whether I was the sister or the mother...Haha...

I was surprised because that was the first time I received such a comment when I'm with my daughter. Usually, I get it when I'm out with my son who is older...So...

3 things: Genetics, wearing a mask that covers half of my face, rarely wears make-up.

Not bad for someone who'd done less than 5 facials in her entire life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, mind to share the skincare steps you follow?

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry I baru realize the comments.

I cuma start pakai retinol, use chemical exfoliate once a week (AHA/ BHA), pakai sunscreen and vitamin C serum. And ceramide based mosturizer.
All standard dermatology advice.