Tuesday, December 22, 2020

One of my clients today happened to be a senior from highschool. We only knew each other because of familiar faces, but we never talked.

After I started working, we acknowledged each other. He was friendly, yeah, like, okay, I know you, didn't we use to go to school together sort of thing.

Before this, he used to compliment on my looks. I was like, okay, yeay, thankssss...But, I was always uncomfortable around him and pretty much avoided him. Then, I changed workplace, and forgot about how creepy this guy can be, until...I returned here.

What I like about this pandemic is I get to wear a face mask all the time. I can pretend people couldn't recognize me or pretend that I don't know them!

But this guy...He recognizes me. For the past one year, he came to my department perhaps 4-5 times. Every time he came, he either got to see my colleagues (thank God) or I managed to reject his requests to see me by giving valid excuses. And during all the very short encounters, he still commented on my appearance.

He did it subtly, so kita ignore saja lah. Nobody noticed this, of course, except for me.

Todayyy...It was so unexpected to receive him as my client. My colleagues were not around and I didn't have a reason to not see him.

During the short session, I maintained my professionalism. I was nice, polite and straight to the point. The session was efficient so no time was wasted. However, towards the end, he repeatedly said that I was cute, I even have a cute name. And he did it in a creepy kind of way, definitely not the flattering kind. He also told me about his sprained ankle and asked me to touch it, so he can show me his tender point.

I hanya mampu smiled sheepishly behind my face mask, pretending not hear what he was saying. Like, how do you respond to that! He is married and he knows I am too. Please lahhhh...Is this what harrassment feels like?

Then, he said he might come again tomorrow...

Creepy betul lah!

I tulis je lah dalam ni.
Sebab, I taknaklah my colleagues or my staff or my husband cakap I ni perasan je. Orang dah puji comel, terima je lah. How do I explain to people that he is creepy? He's friendly so he's creepy? He was just telling stories, so he's creepy?

The most I can do is doing what I already did before. Avoid him. If he comes to my department, ask my colleague to see him instead.

So, yeah, he is probably the only person in my entire life whom I wish will never give me any attention/ compliments.
That's how much I am repulsed by him because I do enjoy compliments because they are so hard to come by for me, okay!!!

No comments: