Monday, January 23, 2023

I've just started to teach my son not to miss his prayers. I know, late, but he's going to be 10 this year, it's okay, we go slow and steady...So far, solat semua except for Subuh. Tak apalah, we'll try for 3-6 months, then we'll start Subuh pulak. That's the plan...

Initially, we solat together. But, then, he began to become impatient. He's saying that I'm too slow...Tak apalah, yang penting not to miss solat. Perfection, sincerity, khusyu' dan hidayah tu kita slow...Budak kan...Berdiri tegak pun masih tak reti duduk diam.

Anyway, I couldn't pray because I'm menstruating. So, I told him, I have my period, please solat without me. He knew about girls bleed from their vaginas from his teenager cousins...

Today, he asked:
- Macam mana Mommy tau Mommy period?
Well, I saw blood on my undies.
- Sakit ke Mommy?
Some girls get pain, but I don't.
- Semua girls period ke hari ni?
Eh, tak lah. We get period every month on random days.
- Kenapa boys tak period?
Sebab boys don't give birth. If you get your period, it means you are not pregnant. But, if you don't get your period, it means a baby is growing in your womb.
- Oh, you are bleeding because the baby is killed? The baby died, that's why blood coming out!
Hhmm...Sorta. Now, go to sleep. Good night.

No comments: